One of the joys of living in spiritual community is inviting you to share a part of it. Throughout the year, Ananda Village organizes community workdays, special events and programs, celebrates traditional holidays and those sacred to our path, and holds weekly Sunday Service. Come join the fun and inspiration!
Satsang means fellowship with other truthseekers. You can enjoy and strengthen your inner discovery by being with others in this shared adventure. Many special events happen during the year you are welcome to join.
- Inner Renewal Week, usually in February, with morning classes Monday through Friday by Ananda’s spiritual directors, Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi – an all-community event. Profoundly inspiring. A donation per class is recommended.
- Springtime at Ananda in April – Visiting the tulip gardens at the Crystal Hermitage is an annual pilgrimage for over ten thousand people each year. You can also come just for the pure enjoyment or to share with friends.
- Easter – Special Sunday Service, followed by a visit from the Easter bunny.
- Spiritual Renewal Week – late June-early July. Morning classes, afternoon and evening events. Truly a spiritual renewal!
- Halloween – parade and dinner in the downtown area, trick or treating in the Village.
- Christmas events – all-day meditation, Christmas Eve Play, Midnight Service, Christmas Day dinner.
- New Year’s Eve ceremony
See our calendar, or call the Village Office at 530 478-7500.
One of the best ways to get to know the community is through volunteering in an area of interest to you. Master’s Market in “Downtown Ananda” has many service opportunities, and it’s a great hub for meeting community members.
Ananda Village has several large service events during the year. Stop by the Village Office, also in Downtown Ananda, and offer your services:
- Springtime at Ananda: Ananda hosts over ten thousand visitors each year to our Crystal Hermitage gardens with 17,000 tulips blooming in April. Plenty of ways to serve in April, as well as to offer gardening help throughout the year.
- All-community workday called Rajarshi Day in early May annually. Usually almost 200 Village folks serve together on that day.
- The Yard Sale in September – plenty of help with preparations needed!
- All-community workday called Lahiri Day in October annually.
Sadhana is the sanskrit word for meditation practice. The Temple of Light is open during the day all year round for silent meditation. You can also visit the Italian style chapel at the Crystal Hermitage and the Moksha Mandir for a deep meditation experience.
If you would like to start a practice, we offer several ways for you to learn. More
For more information on listed events, please contact:
Ananda Village Reception Office
Mon. – Fri., 10am – 4pm PST