Springtime at Ananda
Springtime at Ananda is right around the corner! We look forward to seeing you in April!
Springtime at Ananda Schedule
Gardens: Open every day beginning April 1st, 10 am-5 pm
Open House/Event weekends: April 8-9, 15-16
Please note exception: Gardens open at 1 pm on Friday April 21st
Below is general information about Springtime at Ananda. You may also check for tulip updates, directions, and general information by calling the information line at 530-478-7574, which will be updated beginning March 1st.
During Springtime at Ananda, the gardens are open every day 10 am – 5 pm, except on April 21st when they open at 1pm. Groups are welcome to visit weekdays – for groups of 10 or more, please call 530/478-7587 to arrange your visit. The rest of the year, the upper gardens are open daily 9 am to 5 pm by donation, the lower gardens open on select days.
Admission throughout April and for Springtime at Ananda open house weekends:
- $6.00 (children 12 and under are free)
- season pass $12.00
As the number of visitors increases every year for the annual tulip event, Springtime at Ananda, so does the number of tulips planted. Last year Crystal Hermitage Gardens hosted over 8,000 visitors from as far away as Maine, steadily increasing attendance every year from the 500 visitors of the first year. Approximately 16,000 and 90 varieties of mid and late season Dutch tulip bulbs have been planted which guarantees the most spectacular display to date and a garden lover’s paradise.
Springtime at Ananda Event Weekend activities:
- Chat with our head gardener, designer and volunteer staff
- Visit our award winning wedding chapel modeled on The Little Church of St. Francis
- Visit the home of Swami Kriyananda with its display of exquisite art and antiques
- Refresh with tea and delicious maple scones at the gardens, a picnic lunch at Master’s Market or reserve a lunch at the Expanding Light Retreat (phone 530-478-7518, ext. 1)
- Turn your visit into a weekend getaway with the variety of accommodations available at the Expanding Light Retreat
**During these busy event weekends, we ask that you please respect the experience of others and follow these guidelines:
- No picnics in the gardens; you are welcome to picnic at Master’s Market
- No dogs
- No alcohol at Ananda Village